Over half way through the year and Christmas is around the corner, where has the year gone?
The busier we get the less time we take for ourselves. So this recipe is here to not only inspire
you to make healthy simple treats but also to take time out to do something for yourself, no
matter how busy things seem to get. Plus you will never believe, these are gluten free, refined
sugar free, dairy free, vegan and nut free. The perfect sweet treat.
Nut free brownies
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flakes
- 8 dates (omit for fructose free)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Dessicated coconut, for topping
- Blend seeds, coconut, dates, cacao and sea salt.
- Transfer into a bowl and add rice malt syrup and coconut oil. Combine well.
- Add cacao nibs and chia seeds and stir well.
- Spoon into a lined bread tin and pack well with the back of a spoon or extra baking paper. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Chill in the fridge before slicing and serving.